How to get to the city
By plane: Krakow is perfectly connected with the capital - Warsaw, Europe, and worldwide. Direct connections are available from many European cities (Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Paris, London, Brussels, etc.) from:
- International Airport Kraków-Balice is approximately 15 km from the city centre). The international Kraków Airport is the country’s second in terms of both size and number of passengers, krakowairport.pl
- International Airport Katowice-Pyrzowice (approximately 100 km from Krakow)
By car: Many national roads and motorways intersect in Krakow, among others the A4 running directly from the German border.
By train: The city also offers convenient direct railway connections with other cities in Poland (Warsaw, Wroclaw), and Berlin, Budapest, Bucharest, Hamburg, Prague, Vienna and Žilina.
Tram and trains:
Buses and trams
Main Railway Station (Dworzec Główny)
Train system and tram+bus system operate on different tickets. Train tickets for the SKA Koleje Malopolskie trains (Kraków Airport, Wieliczka directions) can be purchased at the stations in the ticket machines (cash, credit or debit card), eg. on the Krakow Airport station, as well as onboard the train from the train conductor (cash, credit or debit card). Train tickets are validated by the train conductor inside the train. A single ticket from the Kraków Airport to the Kraków Główny (Main Railway Station) costs 17 PLN. For more information about train transportation please visit https://krakowairport.pl/en/passenger/transport-en/directions/from-to-krakow-airport/train-en/, and https://www.kolejemalopolskie.com.pl/en/home-page.
Tram/bus tickets can be purchased at selected stops in the ticket machines (cash, credit/debit cards), inside the trams and buses in the ticket machines (coins, credit/debit cards) in the newspaper shops or using mobile apps, e.g., iMKA, mPay, moBiLET, SkyCash, jakdojade or zbiletem.pl. Paper tickets need to be validated onboard trams and buses. More information about the ticket system can be found here https://ztp.krakow.pl/en/public-transport/kmk-public-transport/kmk-ticket-guide.
Please note: After registration at the registration desk at the venue, participants will receive a ticket for public transport in Krakow. This includes the tram and bus. However, if you are interested in using public transport beyond the days of the conference, you will have to purchase the tickets on your own.
How to get to the conference venue from the Kraków Airport
- To hotels near Rondo Grunwaldzkie and the Kazimierz district: bus 300 from the Kraków Airport stop (direction Os. Podwawelskie, ) to the Rondo Grundwaldzkie stop (5 stops, 22 min)
- To the Conference venue from the Rondo Grunwaldzkie stop, transfer to the tram 18 or 52 (direction Czerwone Maki P+R) to the Ruczaj stop (8 stops, 12 min), cost 6 PLN, you can ride on Bus+Tram using one 1-hour ticket.
- To hotels near the Main Square: SKA train from the Kraków Lotnisko stop to the Kraków Główny (Main Railway station) stop (6 stops, 17 min, cost 17 PLN)
- To conference venue from the Main Railway station, transfer to the:
-tram line 17, from the Dworzec Główny Tunel stop (direction Czerwone Maki P+R) to the Ruczaj stop (19 stops, 32 min, cost 6 PLN), or
-tram line 52, from the Teatr Słowackiego stop (direction Czerwone Maki P+R) to the Ruczaj stop (13 stops, 21 min, cost 6 PLN)
Please look at the map of the Kraków Główny (Main Railway Station) transportation, to locate tram stops.
- To conference venue from the Main Square:
-tram line 52, from the Poczta Główna (direction Czerwone Maki P+R) to the Ruczaj stop (12 stops, 20 min, cost 6 PLN
-tram line 18, from the Plac Wszystkich Świętych (direction Czerwone Maki P+R) to the Ruczaj stop (12 stops, 20 min, cost 6 PLN
Option 3: By taxi, it costs approximately 50-90 PLN, depending on the company, and takes approximately 15-20 min. Also ridesharing companies (e.g., Uber, Bolt) operate in Kraków and at the airport and in the city.